Last week, Wednesday June 21st, we were thrilled to spend the day volunteering with TeamSmile at their event hosted by the Cleveland Indians. Brian & Dr. Erin were part of a team of more than 100 volunteers which provided dental care to 300 children from the Boys & Girls Club of Cleveland. The event was a tremendous success & a lot of fun! In only 4 years, the Cleveland event has surpassed the $500,000 mark of donated treatments, amazing! Thanks and recognition are deserved for everyone who was involved, but here are a couple special people who caught our attention and we wanted to recognize.
- Dr. William Busch (founder of TeamSmile), amazing vision and leadership.
- Kellie Reneau-Jardon (TeamSmile Program Director) and the TeamSmile event staff. Made it fun and easy for the patients and volunteers, keep up the great work.
- The Cleveland Indians, Progressive Field and the Terrace Club were a wonderful venue. The Indians helped to give kids a lifetime memory and their volunteer lunch was delicious.
- The TeamSmile sponsors including HenrySchein, Proctor & Gamble, and ACTEON were each onsite to support this fantastic cause and make sure the day was operationally smooth.
- Lastly, Dr. Rebecca Robbins serves as the Cleveland event director and did a fantastic job. She makes the event fun & easy for the volunteers and this makes such a positive impact on the kids who receive treatment and our community. I think her entire office staff was onsite, talk about a team.
On a personal level, I was Dr. Erin’s chairside assistant and we were doing sealants on patients. I started the day wide-eyed and a little nervous but by the end of the day it was like a normal day following orders from my wife. Here are some pictures of our day, we can’t wait for next year! Check out Dr. Erin’s sweet new Indians Scrubs.